Socio Active Mission
To Catalyze Socio-Economic Change in India through the Education of Underprivileged Children.
Socio Active is a non-profit organization dedicated to socio-economic change in India by focusing on basic education in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change. In keeping with this focus, our team members and volunteers are involved with and support projects that have an education-related component to them. The objectives of this group are:
1. To provide Education, Skills and Training to underprivileged children in India including rural India.
2. To support, encourage and cooperate with persons, government schools and groups that are already engaged in similar activities.
3. To raise the required human and other resources to achieve the group objectives.
4. To provide opportunities to individuals living outside India who wish to participate in social activities in India.
5. To build a strong and a sustainable development where anyone can get involved in our green projects
6. To address, whenever possible, other issues affecting human life such as health care, environment, pollution and socio-economic aspects.
1. Spirit of Volunteerism
All team members and volunteers of Socio Active group participate through the spirit of volunteerism. It means that not a single person is paid a salary, stipend or any form of financial reimbursement.
2. Very Low Organizational Overheads
Since there are no paid staff and no office rent, we are able to keep a very low overhead for administrative expense.
No volunteer or Members has to deal with bureaucracy to participate. While leadership is very important to execute the projects, we strongly discourage a personality driven environment.
Socio Active does not discriminate in its membership or in its selection of philanthropic project activity, on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, lifestyle, and groups protected by applicable state or federal discrimination laws.
5. Collective Decision Making
Relevant decisions are made collectively through meetings and group discussions with members and volunteers and are expected to adhere to the core values listed here.
6. Collective Responsibility
Collective responsibility is widely applied in any organizations or corporations, where the entire workforce is held responsible for failure to achieve the targets, irrespective of the performance of individuals or teams which may have achieved or overachieved within their area.
7. Financial Responsibility
It is extremely important to submit financials in a complete and timely manner and adhere to the law to maintain non-profit or charitable status.
8. Mutual Respect
Whenever there is any disagreement or conflict, everyone should respond in a respectful manner, focusing on the issue rather than the individual. Communicating in a respectful manner builds a constructive environment to resolve the conflicts.
9. No Personal Benefit
Supporting or funding a community initiative, project or person should not be dependent on any personal benefit. At the same time, we recognize that many good proposals are often referred by volunteers. In such situations, we request that the volunteer who is in any way related to the project, community initiative or person, bring that up for discussion.
10. Non Political and Non Religious
We fund only non-sectarian and secular community initiatives, projects or people. This means that we will not fund initiatives or projects that are solely for the benefit of one religious community barring others. We will also not fund initiatives or projects or people who encourage a sectarian thinking. We fund only non-political community initiatives, projects or people. This means that we will not support a particular political party or ideology. We may reserve the right to participate or fund any initiative, project or people involved in advocacy relevant to our organizational mission and objectives. However, this participation or funding will not be towards a political party or candidate.
1. Support Green and Renewable Energy
2. Eco Social Activities
3. Socio Educational Activities
4. Swachh Bharat Mission
If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate peopleAnon